For over 30 years, Leslie Cerier, “The Organic Gourmet” Chef has been teaching hands-on vegetarian cooking for health and vitality, writing cookbooks focusing on eating local, seasonal, organic foods that are not just good for you, but also pleasurable, delicious and good for the planet.
Leslie Cerier is the author of six cookbooks:
- Co-Author with Dr Marc Grossman Visionary Cooking, Food for the Eyes (E Cookbook 2013)
- Gluten-Free Recipes for the Conscious Cook, A Seasonal Vegetarian Cookbook (New Harbinger Publications, 2010), which was named one of the 12 best cookbooks of 2010 by Natural Solutions Magazine;
- Going Wild in the Kitchen (Square One Publishers, 2005)
- The Quick and Easy Organic Gourmet (Barrytown Ltd, 1996)
- Co-Author with Shef Erhart Sea Vegetable Celebration (The Book Publishing Company, 2001)
- Editor of Taste Life! Organic Recipes (Square One Publishers, 2002).
- Deans Beans (organic and fair trade coffee and cocoa, and videos for the recipes coming soon)
- Nutiva (organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic coconut manna, organic coconut sugar, organic coconut flour, organic hemp seeds, organic hemp oil, organic chia seeds, organic red palm oil, organic buttery spread, organic shortening, and organic sunflower red palm blend oil)
- Equal Exchange (Organic 80% dark chocolate Panama bars, organic cocoa, organic cashews, organic honey, organic almonds, organic chocolate chips)
- Green and Blacks (organic vegan chocolate recipes)
- Coombs Vermont Gourmet (organic maple syrup)
- Lotus Foods (Organic Jade Pearl Rice™ and Organic Madagascar Pink Rice™, organic Forbidden ramen noodles, organic Millet and Brown Rice Ramen Noodles and Organic Jade Pearl Rice Ramen Noodle)
- The Teff Company (teff grain and teff flour)
Naturally, the perfect marriage of her culinary knowledge and aptitude has also resulted in many requested appearances around the country. Leslie has been interviewed by the
- Television Food Network
- WGBY PBS TV
- WWLP TV (NBC TV affiliate Channel 22)
- Numerous national radio programs
Quoted in the
- New York Times
- L A Times: Going gluten-free more common, but not necessarily easier
- LA Times: Resources for Celiac
- Vegetarian Times
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health Blog
Recognized and featured in
- Organic Spa magazine
- the Huffington Post: It is All About the Yum! Cook it Up at an Organic Spa Retreat
- the Huffington Post: Seed to Table Wisdom from the Organic Gourmet
- Huffington Post: Great Gift for the Healthy Gourmet on Your List
- Huffington Post: Meatless Monday Leslie Cerier The Culinary Tao of Beginners Mind
- Huffington Post: Elements of Autumn, Five Phrases of Wearable Art, in Harmony (for Photography)
- the Hampshire Gazette as a Chef
- the Hampshire Gazette as art maker photographer
- Herald News
Leslie’s recipes have also been featured on dozens of websites, blogs, and food packages:
- Many more!
Leslie also teaches exciting cooking classes in some of the most prestigious centers of holistic evolution and organic lifestyle. And she regularly teaches private and group classes in Western MA and throughout the world. Clients come to Leslie as well as bring her to them.
- Rancho La Puerta,a famous fitness resort and spa in Mexico
- Esalen Institute, in Big Sur, CA
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, in the Berkshires of Massachusetts
- Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY.
- Kripalu, Esalen Institute, and Omega’s workshops offer Continuing Education Credits.
- Taught nutritionists at Canyon Ranch, Lenox, MA
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op’s Herb Fest
- Northeast Organic Farming Association, Amherst, MA
- Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health in New York City
- New York Open Center; NY, NY
- Open Center Online Learning
- 3rd annual Gluten-Free Culinary Summit, R I
- Hazon Food Conference CT
- Whole Foods New England Demo Group on behalf of Simply Organics
- NE Women’s Herbal Conference NH
- Gluten free baking (with teff flour) to the baker at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, MA
- Trained chefs and was the Head Chef for Alberto Villoido’s Detox program at Los Lobos Lodge in Chile
- Guest Chef/Consultant for University of Massachusetts Residential Dining Services, designing the Earth Day menu with local, seasonal and organic produce and teaching their chefs vegetarian and gluten-free cooking.
Leslie is also a gourmet personal chef specializing in vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free whole foods and organic cuisine. Her New England based business includes custom culinary work, food as medicine, and running her own organic B&B in Western MA for private clients as well as private and group cooking instruction and coaching around the world.
Leslie is a pioneer and national authority on gluten-free cooking and baking, the entire spectrum of whole grains, and cooking with wild foods. Her specialty in grains has led to her being much sought after by health professionals and private clients to coach and help them translate challenging dietary allergy issues into culinary success and meal satisfaction.
Award-winning photographer and environmentalist, Leslie’s Impressionistic artwork is hung in hospitals and in private collections. Leslie created a digital story for her latest series of photographs “Photographing the Jewels in the Water”- which you can find at http://lesliecerier.com/blog/environmentalism-and-photography/
Leslie has a master’s degree from Teachers College, Columbia University in Movement Sciences and Education and has taught at
- Barnard College, Columbia University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Sarah Lawrence College
- Amherst College
- Hampshire College
Photo of Leslie by Tracey Eller