Whether you are cooking for your family, friends, yourself or just because; the tastiest ingredient to add to the dish is your presence. The practice of cooking with presence is about using seasonal ingredients, what is here right now. Let me tell you about the joyful gathering I did this past weekend to create a seasonal feast for my Luscious Organic Lifestyle Retreat guests.
I began at the farmer’s market, where I found organic asparagus and kale. From my neighbors, I collected organic, grass raised eggs and goat chevre. I picked marjoram and chives from my organic herb garden, all to create a breakfast enhanced by our sweet morning conversation.
1. Sauté chopped asparagus and kale in extra virgin olive oil
2. Add whisked eggs, fresh ground sea salt and black pepper
3. Lower heat for a few minutes of slow cooking
4. Turn off flame; add a big dollop of chevre; stir in fresh chopped herbs
5. Smell, admire, and taste the synthesis of mindful cooking
I was so struck by how delicious it was, which reminded me about the importance of mixing high quality ingredients with a delightful presence.
Now I would love to hear from you, have you found that cooking with your loving presence makes a dish taste great? Do you have any stories to share?
If you’re seeking more cooking with presence, come join me in my kitchen:
Contact Leslie to share your story and for more info on events and classes: email@example.com
Photos by Tracey Eller