A delightful pasta dish seasoned with sun dried tomatoes marinated in white wine and fresh basil. This dish is quick and easy if you marinate the tomatoes earlier in the day.
Vegan, corn-free, low fat
- 5 cups cooked pasta, choose gluten-free or wheat varieties
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced, 2 cups
- 10 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced, 2 cups
- 2 bunches of fresh basil, 1 1/2 cup leaves
- 2 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar or lemon juice and sea salt to taste
- Marinate sun-dried tomatoes in wine for 2 hours.
- In a heavy skillet or wok, sauté the onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 2 minutes. Add marinated tomatoes and wine. Sauté-simmer for 5 minutes. Add zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in basil and umeboshi vinegar. Turn off heat and drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir and taste. Adjust the seasonings, if desired.
Reprinted by permission of Square One Publishers