This tasty stew of chickpeas and tomatoes, flavored with lots of ginger, is vegan, gluten-free, and best of all, delicious!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 inches ginger grated, 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 onion, sliced 1 cup
- 4 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Saute onions, ginger, and tomatoes in oil till tomatoes are juicy, about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, and spices.
- Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro.