Easy to prepare, these delicious cookies are great for snacking and dessert. Vegan and gluten-free. Dean teamed up with local Organic Gourmet Leslie Cerier to bake up some amazing Espresso Cookies using Deans Beans organic fair trade coffee and cocoa.
Makes 1 dozen
1 cup teff flour
¼ cup Deans Beans organic baking cocoa
2 1/2 teaspoons ground Deans Beans fair trade organic coffee, Timor
½ teaspon sea salt
1/2 cup organic maple syrup
1/3 cup melted organic extra virgin coconut oil
12 Deans Beans organic dark UFO discs (dark chocolates)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except the UFO Chocolate Discs to form a smooth dough.
3. Shape the dough into walnut size balls, and gently press them into 3-inch rounds about 1/2 inch thick. Place on the cookie sheet 3/4-inch apart. Put one UFO chocolate disc on the center of each cookie.
4. Bake 10 minutes, or until they lose their sheen. Remove from the oven.
5. Cool at least 10 minutes before touching and serving.
Recipe Copyright © 2017 Leslie Cerier. All Rights Reserved to Leslie Cerier.