- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
- 2 onions, sliced
- Pinch of sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon of umeboshi vinegar
- 1 large bunch kale, collards or chard rinsed and sliced into bit sized pieces (about 2 quarts)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 tablespoons fresh, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons fresh, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme or 2 tablespoons fresh, minced
- Heat a wok or heavy skillet. Add and sautÈ onions, pinch of salt, and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add kale and sautÈ until tender (5-10 minutes). Stir in herbs. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.
- Omit the salt. Add 2 tablespoons of capers, 1 pound sliced firm tofu, and 4 tablespoons organic white wine before adding the herbs.
- Add a cup of sliced white or wild mushrooms with the kale (fresh shiitake, oyster, cremini, or other).
- Add fresh or marinated sun-dried tomatoes and peppers.