Nutritious and refreshing, this thick, delicious dressing gets its sharp flavor from a blend of garlic, scallions, parsley, green pepper, fresh lemon juice, and olive oil. Spoon it on lettuce or mesclun, or try it on cabbage for a different kind of coleslaw. It is terrific on grains and beans, too.
Yield: About 1 1/4 cups
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 2 scallions cut into third
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups loosely packed parsley leaves and stems (if tender)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor in the order as listed. Blend until thick and well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Adjust the seasonings, if desired.
- Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use.
Recipe excerpted from Going Wild in the Kitchen by Leslie Cerier, © 2005, Square One Publishers, Inc. Used by permission.