1- High in Fiber and low in calories: 1 cup of strawberries are only 54 calories. And if you want to lose weight, eating strawberries promotes blood flow and oxygen in our body, which is great for weight loss.
2- Helps burn stored fat: The red coloring contains anthocyanins, which stimulate the burning of stored fat and also Boost short term memory by 100 percent in eight weeks. (The Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry)
3. Ease Inflammation Strawberries lower blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP), a signal of inflammation in the body. In a study women who ate 16 or more strawberries per week were 14 percent less likely to have elevated levels of CRP. (Harvard School of Public Health.)
5. Lower cardiovascular disease Flavonoids — which are responsible for the color and flavor of strawberries — lower the risk for heart disease.
6. Promote bone health Strawberries contain potassium, vitamin K and magnesium which are important for bone health.
7. Anti-aging properties Strawberries are filled with biotin, which helps build strong hair and nails. They also contain the antioxidant ellagic acid, which protects the elastic fibers in our skin to prevent sagging.
8. Promote eye health Eating three or more servings of fruit like strawberries may lower the risk of macular degeneration, a condition resulting in vision loss. (Archives of Ophthalmology)
Email Leslie at email@example.com or call 413-259-1695 to schedule your appointment.
Sessions available in person, on Skype and Phone