For over 30 years, Leslie Cerier, “The Organic Gourmet,” Farm to Table Chef and Recipe Developer has been teaching culinary nutrition and hands-on vegetarian cooking for health and vitality.
She focusing on eating local, seasonal, organic foods that are not just good for you, but also pleasurable, delicious, and good for the planet.
She invites you for a Gourmet Getaway into her beautiful natural home in Shutesbury MA to share all that she has gleaned from her lifelong pursuit of health and happiness.
Leslie Cerier is the author of six cookbooks:
- Co-Author with Dr Marc Grossman Visionary Cooking, Food for the Eyes (E Cookbook 2013)
- Gluten-Free Recipes for the Conscious Cook, A Seasonal Vegetarian Cookbook (New Harbinger Publications, 2010), which was named one of the 12 best cookbooks of 2010 by Natural Solutions Magazine;
- Going Wild in the Kitchen (Square One Publishers, 2005)
- The Quick and Easy Organic Gourmet (Barrytown Ltd, 1996)
- Co-Author with Shep Erhart Sea Vegetable Celebration (The Book Publishing Company, 2001)
- Editor of Taste Life! Organic Recipes (Square One Publishers, 2002).
Featured Chef in The Cannabis Kitchen Cookbook, Feel – Good Food for Home Cooks ( Skyhorse Publishing, 2015, edited by Robyn Griggs Lawrence)
- Bobs Red Mill (Leslie’s original gluten free recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies with Teff Flour that she developed for the Teff Company in 1990 appears on packages of Bobs Red Mill Teff Flour
- Deans Beans (organic and fair trade coffee and cocoa recipe and video)
- Nutiva (organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic coconut manna, organic coconut sugar, organic coconut flour, organic hemp seeds, organic hemp oil, organic chia seeds, organic fair trade, red palm oil, organic buttery spread, organic shortening, and organic sunflower red palm blend oil)
- Equal Exchange (Organic 80% dark chocolate Panama bars, organic cocoa, organic cashews, organic honey, organic almonds, organic chocolate chips)
- Green and Blacks (organic vegan chocolate recipes)
- Coombs Vermont Gourmet (Main course recipes with organic maple syrup)
- Lotus Foods (Organic Jade Pearl Rice™ and Organic Madagascar Pink Rice™, organic Forbidden ramen noodles, organic Millet and Brown Rice Ramen Noodles and Organic Jade Pearl Rice Ramen Noodle)
- The Teff Company (teff grain and teff flour)
- Eat Naturall (recipe for Buckwheat Almond Pancakes; Vegan, Gluten-free product)
Naturally, the perfect marriage of her culinary knowledge and aptitude has also resulted in many requested appearances around the country. Leslie has been interviewed by the
- Television Food Network
- WGBY PBS TV
- WWLP TV (NBC TV affiliate Channel 22)
- Numerous national radio programs
Quoted in the
- New York Times
- L A Times: Going gluten-free more common, but not necessarily easier
- LA Times: Resources for Celiac
- New York Post
- Vegetarian Times
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health Blog
Recognized and featured in
- Organic Spa magazine
- the Huffington Post: It is All About the Yum! Cook it Up at an Organic Spa Retreat
- the Huffington Post: Seed to Table Wisdom from the Organic Gourmet
- Huffington Post: Great Gift for the Healthy Gourmet on Your List
- Huffington Post: Meatless Monday Leslie Cerier The Culinary Tao of Beginners Mind
- Huffington Post: Elements of Autumn, Five Phrases of Wearable Art, in Harmony (for Photography)
- the Hampshire Gazette as a Chef
- the Hampshire Gazette as art maker photographer
- Herald News
- Many more!
- Mount Holyoke College, Hadley, MA
- Amherst College, Amherst, MA
- Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
- Smith College, Northampton, MA
- Canyon Ranch, Lenox, MA ( lectured to the Nutritionists)
- R J Julia Booksellers, Madisonn CT
- Baystate Hospital, Springfield, MA
- Numerous Libraries in Central and Western MA
Leslie teaches exciting cooking classes in some of the most prestigious centers of holistic evolution and organic lifestyle. And she regularly teaches private and group classes in Western MA and throughout the world. Clients come to Leslie as well as bring her to them:
- Rancho La Puerta,a famous fitness resort and spa in Mexico
- Esalen Institute, in Big Sur, CA
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, in the Berkshires of Massachusetts
- Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY.
- Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, Esalen Institute, Omega Institute, and in her own country kitchen, Leslie’s workshops offer Continuing Education Credits for Dietitians.
- Frontier Natural Products Co-op’s Herb Fest
- Northeast Organic Farming Association, Amherst, MA
- Natural Gourmet Institute for Food and Health in New York City
- New York Open Center; NY, NY
- Open Center Online Learning
- 3rd annual Gluten-Free Culinary Summit, R I
- Hazon Food Conference CT
- Whole Foods New England Demo Group on behalf of Simply Organics
- NE Women’s Herbal Conference NH
- BlessFest; Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
- Chef Trainings/Consulting
- Guest Chef/Consultant for University of Massachusetts Residential Dining Services Amherst, MA: designing the Earth Day menu with local, seasonal and organic produce and teaching their chefs vegetarian and gluten-free cooking.
- Trained chefs and was the Head Chef for Alberto Villoido’s Detox program, Grow a New Body at Los Lobos Lodge in Chile
- Gluten-Free Baking (with teff flour) to the baker at Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, MA
- Easy Gluten-Free Menu Makeovers for Restaurants and the Public: Franklin Regional Council of Government’s Cooperative Public Health Service, Greenfield, MA
Leslie is a gourmet personal chef specializing in whole foods and organic cuisine. Globally inspired vegetarian, vegan, plant based, and gluten-free meals for your daily needs, parties, events, and food as medicine for those recuperating from illness.
Leslie’s New England based business includes custom culinary work, Gourmet Getaways in Shutesbury MA for private clients including private and group cooking instruction and training chefs around the world.
Leslie is a pioneer and national authority on gluten-free cooking and baking, the entire spectrum of whole grains, and cooking with wild foods. Her specialty in grains and gourmet cooking with herbs and spices has led to her being much sought after by health professionals and private clients to coach and help them translate challenging dietary allergy issues into culinary success and meal satisfaction.
Throughout Leslie’s natural, passive solar, country home, you will find her award winning Impressionistic Nature Photography to add to the beauty, nourishment and peace of your experience.
Leslie’s Impressionistic artwork is hung in hospitals and in private collections. Leslie created a digital story with 10 of the 20 images in her latest series of photographs “Photographing the Jewels in the Water”
Leslie has a master’s degree from Teachers College, Columbia University in Movement Sciences and Education and has taught at
Barnard College, Columbia University
Eastern Kentucky University
Sarah Lawrence College
“To Celebrate Food while Getting Healthy, Leslie Cerier is Your Guide, ” Dr Mark Hyman
Photo of Leslie by Tracey Eller