- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup Maskal Teff brown or ivory teff flour
- 1 cup organic blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup organic walnuts
- ¼ cup organic raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon organic cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon organic nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch round cake pan on the bottom and up the sides with 1 tablespoon melted extra virgin coconut oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl, then add all the other ingredients, and stir until thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for at least 1 hour before frosting.
1 cup tightly packed plain chèvre
2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
½ cup organic walnuts
Add and blend chèvre, syrup and vanilla in the food processor. Taste and adjust sweetness, if desired. Spread on top of cooled carrot cake. Decorate with walnuts. Slice and serve.
Recipe Copyright © 2021 Leslie Cerier. All Rights Reserved to Leslie Cerier.
Leslie Cerier, The Organic Gourmet developed this recipe for the Teff Company