CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal TV; Dec 30, 2013) – Craving something sweet and guilt free? Leslie Cerier, the Organic Gourmet, showed us how to make a healthy chocolate chip mint cookie!
Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
- 2 cups Organic whole wheat pastry flour or spelt flour
- 1/3 cup Organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Organic vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Organic chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic mint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat the oven to 375º F.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix them together briefly with a wooden spoon; then shape them into cookies with your hands.
2. To use cookie cutters, flatten some batter between your hands and place it on a pastry board. Press in a cookie cutter and shake gently. Pull away the excess. Repeat till you use all the batter.
3. Arrange the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, or oil a baking pan with coconut oil. Bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool before eating.
Copyright © 2013 Leslie Cerier. All Rights Reserved.