My today’s guest is Leslie Cerier. I have chatted with Leslie previously on this podcast about her love for vegetarian cooking and spices.
Leslie is an international renown gourmet farm to table personal chef, educator, cookbook author and recipe developer. She specializes in vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free whole foods and organic cuisine.
Leslie is a pioneer and national authority on gluten-free cooking and baking, the entire spectrum of whole grains, and cooking with wild foods. She teaches private and group classes.
Leslie lives in New England and runs a business that encompasses custom culinary work, food as medicine, and her own organic vegetarian gourmet getaways in Western MA for private clients.
You can listen to Leslie’s other episodes “Vegetarian cooking from the heart” and “Cooking with herbs and spices” By the end of this episode, you’ll understand the basics of cooking with Cannabis and will know where to look for additional resources on this topic.
- Why Leslie and I are about cooking with Cannabis
- What Leslie has learned from growing Cannabis plants
- What parts of Cannabis plant are used in cooking and medicine making, what are some of the benefits of cooking with the plant as opposed to smoking
- Some ways in creating edibles, main categories of recipes that employ Cannabis and when & how to use the heat to extract the constituents
- What are the differences between topical application and use of oils in edibles, and what are some of the ways of gauging the doses
- What are some of Leslie’s favorite cooking rules while working with Cannabis
- Leslie’s website The Organic Gourmet, her Facebook page and her Instagram feed and Twitter account to follow
- Leslie’s episodes “Vegetarian cooking from the heart” and “Cooking with herbs and spices“
- Chris Kilham and Zoe Helene
- Robyn Griggs Lawrence
- FDA approves marijuana derived medication in 2018
- Dr. Debra Kimless – use of Cannabis at the end stages of life – ForwardGo
- The power of tastes and flavors as medicine with Brittany Wood Nickerson
- Cannabutter dosage calculator
“When I make Cannabis edibles, I never think ‘oh, I should…’ Make sure you are in a joyful, happy place.” Leslie Cerier Click to Tweet