If you are looking for organic, vegan options in the new year, Leslie Cerier, the Organic Gourmet Chef, showed us her recipe for miso ramen noodle soup. February 6, 2018 on Mass Appeal TV (NBC affiliate WWLP Channel 22) Chicopee, MA
- 3 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon wakame
- 1 cup organic parsnips, sliced thin
- 1/2-2/3 cup organic carrots, sliced thin
- 1 organic gluten-free ramen cake, choose from Lotus Foods Millet Rice, Forbidden Black Rice or Jade Pearl Rice
- 1 tablespoon grated organic ginger
- 2 tablespoons organic miso: choose from Miso Master or South River Misos: Chick pea, Millet, Aduki, Brown Rice, Red Miso aged from 3 months to 3 years**
- 1/4 cup organic scallions, sliced
- Put the water and wakame in a 2 quart soup pot. Cover. Bring to boil and lower heat to simmer. Wakame will expand in about 3 minutes.
- Add the parsnips and carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes till the carrots turn peak orange and parsnips are tender.
- Add ramen noodle cake. After 1 minute, ramen will begin to unfold, separate gently with a fork and continue to simmer for 3 minutes until noodles are soft.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in ginger and miso***. Taste and add more miso for a saltier flavor.
- Serve immediately garnished with scallions
Recipe Copyright © 2018 Leslie Cerier. All Rights Reserved.
Serves 1-2 for a delicious lunch or dinner