Leslie Cerier, “The Organic Gourmet” on Mass Appeal TV (February 19, 2014) shows how to make delicious organic gluten-free peanut butter chocolate chips cookies with teff flour.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Teff Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups teff flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- 1 1/8 cups peanut butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the teff flour and salt, if using. Set aside.
- Place the peanut butter, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla in a food processor, and blend until creamy. Add to the flour along with the chocolate chips, and stir to form a moist dough.
- Shape the dough into walnut-sized balls, and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about 3/4-inch apart. Flatten gently with a fork.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until they lose their shine. Remove from the oven.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted and excerpted from Going Wild in the Kitchen by Leslie Cerier, © 2005, Square One Publishers, Inc. Used by permission.