You can pressure cook a sourdough bread inside a ceramic crock inside a pressure cooker or bake it. Tastes like cake, moist and delicious.
Here is an easy sourdough bread recipe from my first cookbook, The Quick and Easy Organic Gourmet:
Vegan, Organic and Simple to make.
- 3 cups organic cooked rice, even better if sour ( you can be creative and use a variety of organic brown such as Mekong Flower, Bhutanese red or Forbidden (black) rice)
- 3 cups organic whole wheat bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add water to knead about 1/8-1/4 cup
- Put rice and flour in a mixing bowl. Rub them together to break up the rice. Add salt and water. Use your hands to knead into a dough. Knead for 10 minutes. Cover it with a damp, warm, thin towel. Let it rise for 8 hours.
- Knead the dough again for 10 minutes inside the big mixing bowl or on a lightly floured pastry board. Add more wheat or another kind of flour, if dough is very sticky. Oil the insert, or a bread pan. Put the bread dough inside. Cover with a warm damp towel. Let it rise, at least, 8 hours or overnight.
- TAKE OFF THE TOWEL! Pressure cook in the insert for 1 hour. OR
- Bake the bread at 300 degree for 15 minutes, then, at 350 degrees for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Open the insert when the pressure comes down. When you look at bread, the top may seem wet, but it will dry out as it cools. Take out the insert. When it is cool enough to handle, turn it upside down onto a cooling rack. Bread slides out easily.
Photo by Tracey Eller