This is a photo from that I took at an open air farmers market in the south of France this summer. Can you smell these spices? Cayenne, Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander and more! Colorful and tasty, spices flavor our dishes and also help us digest foods as well as strengthen our immunity. I will be teaching Spice It Up! Creative Cooking with Herbs and Spices in the Berkshires, MA January 16-18, 2015 and hope you can join me and spread the good word. CECs credits are available for dietitians, too. https://www.lesliecerier.com/classes/
A pinch of this, a sprinkle of that—the right herbs and spices enhance the flavor of any dish. In this fun and informative hands-on vegetarian cooking class, gourmet organic chef, teacher, and cookbook author Leslie Cerier shows you how to use herbs and spices to make delicious, globally inspired dishes, from appetizers to desserts.
Come learn how to
- Stock a cornucopia of fresh and dried herbs and spices
- Create international dishes, exploring which herb and spice combinations make foods Indian, Mediterranean, French, African, Asian, Mexican, and more
- Use herbs as garnishes
- Cook beans and grains from scratch with herbs and spices
- Correct dishes that are too spicy, sour, bitter, or bland
- Make your own herbal vinegars, flavored oils, and dressings.
Both novice and seasoned cooks can discover how to use herbs and spices for health, vitality, and pleasure.
- 8 credits for Registered Dietitians (RD), $30 additional charge
For Leslie’s class schedule and to see a little digital story of what it is like to take a class with Leslie https://www.lesliecerier.com/classes/
By the way, this summer, a private client flew me to the south of France to teach her how to cook. Contact me to discuss private cooking lessons and coaching in my home, your home, on the phone or on skype: Call 413-259-1695 or email me email@example.com