Perfect for an easy, yummy brunch, this gluten free, organic french toast topped with strawberry sauce is fun to make.
Though many make french toast with stale bread, I made mine with an organic gluten free bread that I just bought at the farmers market.
Served topped with homemade warm strawberry sauce, this sweet dish tastes like dessert.
And I love something sweet for breakfast, don’t you?
Start with a bread you love.
I used Berkshire Mountain Bakery’s gluten free sourdough bread. Made with organic whole grain, gluten free buckwheat flour, sorghum flour, no sugar and no Xanthan gum.
Let’s get cooking:
- Whisk up some local, pastured raised organic eggs.
- Add your favorite nut or dairy milk. I used my homemade organic hazelnut milk, plus a sprinkle of organic nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Soak the sliced bread in the batter.
- Heat up the cast iron griddle. Add and spread organic pecan oil. You can also fry with organic (grass raised) butter, virgin coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Fry up several slices at once. Flip.
ECO- Cooking Tip:
And turn off the griddle and let the residual cook the other side.
- Simmer a quart of fresh or frozen organic strawberries with a little maple sugar.
- Thicken with 1 teaspoon arrowroot diluted in 1 tablespoon cold water for a tasty, beautiful sauce topping.
(Grateful that back in late June, I had picked and frozen those organic berries).
Since, I did not use all the batter. I fried up the rest like scrambled eggs, and served it on the side.
Gluten free French toast, easy yummy brunch topped with plenty of organic strawberry sauce is a great way to start your day, especially sharing it with loved ones.
And while this gluten free French toast may feel like dessert, you can serve it for a holiday or weekend brunch, or just because.
“… GETTING HEALTHY, LESLIE CERIER IS YOUR GUIDE,” DR MARK HYMAN
MAKING HEALTHY FOOD TASTY
Email Leslie: firstname.lastname@example.org
GROUP AND PRIVATE HANDS ON COOKING CLASSES, ALSO AVAILABLE ON ZOOM
Specializing in Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free and Plant Based Cooking for Health and Pleasure
Renowned Chef & Author
Gourmet Getaway Retreats